As we implement temporary changes to the way we gather and worship to help keep our communities safe, we are increasingly using technology to connect virtually.
To get into the Easter spirit, Resource Church St Bart’s, Toowoomba is coordinating an exciting ‘Thine be the Glory’ (or ‘Thine is the Glory’) hymn mash-up initiative.
St Bart’s invites you to come together as a community, joining in a virtual song of praise to celebrate Christ’s glorious resurrection on Easter Day, through a virtual choir.
Individually, we will each sing and record the hymn ‘Thine be the Glory’, which is a commonly sung hymn on Easter Sunday.
Then all the individual voices submitted by Tuesday 7 April will be arranged into a single recording, as an act of worship and celebration.
The St Bart’s team will mix the video content together and then share the video (and audio) so that people across our Diocesan community can use it in their local settings and share it on social media for the broader community.
1.Practise singing the hymn ‘Thine be the Glory’ using the backing track and lyrics provided on the St Bart’s website.
- You may sing the melody (the tune), or a part (soprano, alto, tenor, bass).
2.Record on video yourself singing along to the backing track.
- Listen to the backing track with headphones on one device, while recording a video of yourself singing on another device.
- Record in a quiet environment (free from background noise).
3.Send your recording to The Rev’d Michael Calder by Tuesday 7 April via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send your file via email attachment, or via file drop (i.e. link to Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive) to email@example.com
- Please indicate ‘Virtual Choir’ and your chosen voice part in the subject line (i.e. ‘Virtual Choir: SOPRANO’)
4.Watch our social media channels for the final recording and share the video across your networks!
We are really excited for this and we can’t wait to hear your submissions. If you have any questions or need any assistance, please don’t hesitate to get into contact me via firstname.lastname@example.orgJump to next article